There are so many fun road trips you could do this summer, from relaxing on a beach and winery tours to zip lining and exploring caves. The best part is, they’re located under 3 hours away from Toronto.
1. The city of waterfalls located in Hamilton, Ontario
Only one hour south-west from Toronto, you will find the home to over 100 waterfalls! Hence why Hamilton is known as the city of waterfalls. Make sure to bring your hiking gear and bike to enjoy the many hiking and biking trails that lead to spectacular waterfalls. Some of our favourite waterfalls are:
– Albion Falls
– Borer’s Falls
– Chedoke Falls
– Cliffview Falls
2. Suspension bridge, zip lining, exploring caves and more
If you are looking for a day packed with fun outdoor activities, visit Collingwood. Located two hours north from Toronto, Collingwood is where you can enjoy walking along an incredible suspension bridge, zip line, explore caves and such. You might be surprised to learn that Collingwood has the longest suspension bridge in Southern Ontario. It is 420 feet long, and if you are hiking on a clear day, you will see as far as 10,000 square kilometres.
From enjoying great heights, you can also look forward enjoying the scenic caves located about 70 feet down. Cave exploring features many unique and stunning geological rocks, a historic site known as the home of the Pentun, breathtaking panoramic views and more. Make sure to bring your camera to capture it all! Besides the suspension bridge and cave exploring, you can also have fun zip lining!
Here are some helpful tips and guidance for these activities:
– Bring running or hiking gear
– When you arrive, ask for the self-guide trail sheet at the admission gate
– Park admission includes the following: access to the suspension bridge and caves
– You cannot bring a stroller on the suspension bridge or in the caves (complimentary baby carriers are available, mind you they are limited in numbers)
– There are several steep location while hiking the caves, it might be difficult for pregnant women or anyone with medical conditions
– If you are exploring on a hot summer’s day, make sure to bring the essentials. Sunscreen, hats, water, etc…
3. Beach Day & Wine Tasting: Sandbanks Provincial Park
A picture perfect summer’s day includes, relaxing at the beach, enjoy lunch at a local winery overlooking the spectacular view while savouring a glass of Chardonnay. If that sounds like your kind of day, it’s time to take a little road trip to the Sandbanks Provincial Park. Located three hours east of Toronto, Sandbanks provides canoeing, hiking (of course) and incredible white sandy beaches.
Sandbanks is located in Prince Edward County, the rising of many famous wineries. From the finest Pinot noir & Chardonnay grapes to a County Cider Company that offers over 12 varieties of heirloom and cider apples. Most location are spectacular overlooking the water and surroundings. You will find about 20 local wineries that you can choose from that also serve lunch and some of them have a wood-fire oven!
We hope you’ll enjoy these great locations and make this summer filled with awesome road trips!
The Centre for All Your Car Needs
Peter’s Auto is the centre for all your car needs with over 20 years of experience in repairing a variety of cars along with up to date mechanics and equipment. Our knowledgeable and helpful staff will take care of all your auto service and repair needs.
Our shop is located in Kitchener, ON. We proudly serve the following areas: Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and Guelph.