The right car tires help you drive safely at all times in any whether conditions. They are another very important safety part on your car by supporting the weight of the car and reducing the impact from the road to only name a few functions.
We follow manufacture specific recommendations for tire size and speed rating to maintain the safety and security of our valued customers. At Peter’s Auto Centre, we offer a vast selection of tire brands all season or winter tires.
Because tires are complex parts with multiple functions we provide a wide range of services:
- Tire Installation
- Tire Storage
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Rotations
Have a better driving experience with new tires that increase the ability of your car to stop, go and turn. We supply and install winter tire packages which include rims and tries, aluminum or steel rims. We also provide storage for your off season tires.
New and seasonal tire installations Includes:
- Removal of Wheels
- Removal of the old tires from the wheels
- Inspection of lug nuts and wheels
- Installation of new valve stems as needed
- Mounting and sealing the new or seasonal tires
- Inflating and balancing each tire
Tire balancing is necessary once in a while because daily tire tread-wear causes change in the distribution of weight around the tire.
Balancing your tires means a smoother ride and reduced tire wear. On the other hand, unbalanced tires can lead to dangerous driving conditions because of uneven wear.
Tire balance service includes:
- Tire and wheel removal
- Mounting each wheel on a state-of-the-art balancing machine
- Spinning each wheel to make sure the weight of the wheel and tire are balanced evenly around the axle
- Detecting and locating any imbalance
- Attaching a lead weight on the opposite side of the tire to compensate for weight differences
- Remounting tires and wheels
We also need to rotate your tires because tire wear is uneven for many number of reasons. This is an important maintenance service because we want to ensure even tire wear that could potentially save you hundreds of dollars.
Tire rotations is done by moving them from one side of the car to the other, moving them from front to back, or a combination of both.
Your tire-rotation services includes:
- Removing tires
- Inspecting the wear patterns
- Putting tires back on where they will wear most evenly
- Resetting the tire-pressure monitors as needed
Keep your vehicle tires in excellent shape by bringing you car in at Peter’s Auto Centre.
Have questions? Call us at (519) 578-4533
Important things you should know about tires.
How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires? Since this is an important tire maintenance we recommend a tire rotation every 10,000 to 12,000 km
How Often Should You Balance Tires? When you notice a vibration or at every tire rotation, whichever comes first.
The Centre for All Your Car Needs
Peter’s Auto is the centre for all your car needs with over 26 years of experience in repairing a variety of cars along with up to date mechanics and equipment. Our knowledgeable and helpful staff will take care of all your auto service and repair needs.
Our shop is located in Kitchener, ON. We proudly serve the following areas: Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and Guelph.